We were outside today playing with bubbles. Unfortunately, it was very windy day so the bubbles quickly floated away. Little Mister got upset because he was not able to capture any bubbles. Super Mommy to the rescue! Inside we went and raided the craft cabinets!This is a very hands on for mommy craft. Therefore, I didn't get many good pictures. Note: Save this one for when you have lots of time on your hands because there will be lots of clean up involved!
Materials- Large shallow baking dish, dish soap, acrylic paints, card stock, straws, water, glue, jars with lids
1. In a small jar with a lid (we used a baby food jar), add just enough paint to cover the bottom.
2. Squirt in dish soap to double the volume of the paint.
3. Add a small squirt of glue.
4. Pour in water until you have doubled your volume in the jar. (It does not have to be precise). Shake it up well.
5. Make several jars with different colors if you want to.
6. Place one jar in the center of the baking dish and insert a straw.
7. Blow through the straw until the bubbles spill over the jar into the baking dish. Let enough accumilate until the bottom of the baking dish is covered.
8. Remove the jar and set aside. Make sure to place it on paper so you don't end up with an even bigger mess later!
9. Take a piece of card stock and holding the corners with both hands, lower the paper on the bubbles in the dish making sure not to let it touch the bottom.
10. You may have to do it a couple of times to cover the whole page.
Also, try dipping your paper in several different colors! It was fun but VERY hands on for Mommy!
|Making some bubbles|
|Love this one!|