As you may have noticed, this week has had a theme! After all, it is National Insect Week! My passion for bugs can be unleashed, all be it temporarily, without causing to much uproar!
Objective- Understand concept of big or little. (MS Early Learning Guidelines for Infants and Toddlers: Mathematical Development 2.3.2)
Materials- Card stock, glue stick, google eyes, markers, sticker letters, colored construction paper, scissors
1. Cut different size circles from the colored construction paper.
2. Lay them in front of the child and let them sort the size from big to small giving help if needed. Mix them up and say sort from small to big. Repeat this several times.
3. Apply glue to one side of the biggest circle and attach it to the paper.
4. Repeat with the next size circle until they are all glued to the paper.
5. Add a google eye to the caterpillars head.
6. Draw legs on the caterpillar with the markers.
7. Add stickers to spell the words Small and Big on the paper!