Objective- Notices differences in colors (MS Early Learning Guidelines for Infants and Toddlers: Scientific Development 3.3.3)
Materials- Ice trays, water, food coloring, large fish tank or bowl
1. Add several drops of food coloring to water in ice trays or small cups. Use colors that will mix and make a secondary color, like red and blue or yellow and blue. (You actually have to use a lot of coloring.)
2. Cover tray with aluminum foil and poke popsicle sticks or bamboo sticks into each slot.
3. Place in freezer until frozen.
4. Fill your bowl with water.
5. Once your ice boasts are frozen. Glue triangle shapes onto the sticks to make boats!
6. Add the different colored boats to the water and watch what happens as they melt!
Red + Blue = Purple (Mommy's favorite color)!!
|Red and Blue water in the freezer|
|Blue frozen boat|
|Blue and red boats|