Little Mister really enjoyed this because I gave him permission to slap something with the infamous Fly Swatter! A great privilege indeed for a 2 year old!
Materials- Foam bath letters, fishing wire, fly swatter, a tree with low branches
1. Choose foam letters that correspond with the child’s first name.
2. Thread the fishing line on a thick needle.
3. Push the needle through a foam letter and tie with a knot. Repeat with each letter until all letters have a line attached.
4. Hang the letters from different branches of the tree. Make sure they are low enough to be reached by your child.
5. Call out the name of a letter and ask your child to hit it with the fly swatter. Give support and correction as needed!
6. When these letters are mastered, replace with new letters.
Alternate learning technique-
Use different colored foam letters. Instead of calling out the letters, call out the colors.