Objective- Understands the Concept of 1, 2, and 3 (MS Early Learning Guidelines for Infants and Toddlers: Mathematical Development 2.1.6)
Materials- Cans, tape, balloons, rubberbands
1. Clean three cans and make sure there are no sharp edges around the rim.
2. For added procaution, tape around the edges of the can with electrical or duct tape.
3. Cut the narrow part off a balloon and stretch the remainder over the top of the can.
4. Secure in place with a rubberband.
5. Tap out a rhythm of 3 while chanting 1, 2, 3! Over and over!