Monday, July 30, 2012

Rubber Band Splatter Painting

Not long ago we tried to use toothbrushes to get a paint splatter effect. Little Mister did not have enough muscle to get the desired effect so, I have been trying to come up with some other way. Yesterday, I was at the store and had to pick up some office supplies and it came to me . . . try rubber bands!

We used a plastic storage container and cut some card stock in 5x7 and 4x6 sizes to fit in the bottom. I stretched some rubber bands around the container and applied different colors of acrylic paint to each band. Little Mister then "plucked" the bands and viola!

After we finished making a few sheets, we found out that a little girl in our church has developed pneumonia. We used one of the splattered sheets to make a Get Better card by adding band-aids with google eyes!


Batman being a Super Hero to a sick little Princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment