Little Mister has an aversion to very loud noises so, we will skip the fireworks display again this year and create our own fun! Oh! And by-the-way, God Bless America!
Materials- glue, glitter, wax paper, different kinds of uncooked pasta (We used spaghetti, egg noodles, elbow noodles and penne.)
1. Squeeze a big blob of glue for the center of the exploding firework onto the wax paper. (I doubled the wax paper and placed it on a big piece of cardboard so it would be easy to move when i placed it somewhere to dry.)
2. Sprinkle some glitter on the glue.
3. Place long spaghetti pieces into the glue to make the big WOW part of the explosion.
4. Add the other noodles in any way you like at the center.
5. Dab some glue on other parts of the noodles to add more sparkles!
6. Let dry on a flat. Ours took about 2 days!
7. Peel off the wax paper carefully. We took some pictures of ours against black paper.
Alternate activities- You can take outside after dark and hold it up while shining a flashlight at it! All those sparkles look really neat!